Tuesday, June 28, 2011

かようび (kayoubi)

I messed up. I wanted to post on げつようび (getsuyoubi) and きんようび (kin'youbi), but きようわかようびです (kyou wa kayoubi desu)... So きよう (kyou) I'll talk about the days of the week. It's good practice for me, so here goes!

Obviously, げつようび (getsuyoubi) is Monday and かようび (kayoubi) is Tuesday and きんようび (kin'youbi) is Friday, but those are all the days I have mentioned so far. すいようび (suiyoubi) is Wednesday, もくようび (mokuyoubi) is Thursday, どようび (doyoubi) is Saturday, and にちようび (nichiyoubi) is Sunday.

You can say "Today is _____day" by saying きようわ_____です (Kyou wa _____ desu) or simply by saying _____です (_____ desu). It means the same thing. I have been using the longer way. Maybe I should use the shorter way sometime?

Well, that was fun! For me anyways. Hopefully I won't be busy on きんようび (kin'youbi) like I was yesterday. I'll see you then! さようなら (sayounara)!

No comments:

Post a Comment