Friday, June 10, 2011

Finding Motivation in the Small Places

Yesterday I was talking with my brother about projects that we are working on. He started showing me some of his projects (because they all have to do with electronics) and we were just looking through a bunch of stuff when I found a little slip of paper with some Japanese on it. I thought, "Oh! Maybe I can read some of this since it has some Hiragana on it!" So I looked and I could pick out a few characters here and there, but there were a lot of Kanji characters as well, and I can't read those yet... I couldn't figure much of it out, but at the very end of the note was くらさい (kurasai). This was the only word in the entire note that I understood, but for some reason I got really happy because I have improved in my ability to read Hiragana! A month ago, I didn't know half of the Hiragana characters. Anyways, this little word on the little note that was probably a pull tab of some sort gave me so much encouragement to continue practicing Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment