Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Takarazuka!!!

おはようございます!!!(ohayou gozaimasu!)
きょうわかようびです、でも。。。(kyou wa kayoubi desu, demo...)
Even though today is Tuesday I'm going to post because I want to share what I discovered!

As the title suggests, I discovered Takarazuka!!!
I'm talking about the Takarazuka Music School and Theater. And yes, there will be examples! \(^-^)/
From what I know, Takarazuka Music School is a very famous all girls school for music, dance and theater and all girls who attend can move on to perform in the Takarazuka Theater. Since it's all girls, girls play both the male and female roles in the plays and musicals that they perform.

I actually had been exposed to Takarazuka earlier on and I never knew it until yesterday. If you have read my post An Obsession... you will know that I love the anime Ouran Highschool Host Club. Well, in the 9th episode (sorry, here's some spoilers) the Zuka club comes to Ouran and wants to shut down the Host club because they believe strongly in feminine superiority (or something like that...). Well, the Zuka club was based on Takarazuka, so that is where I was exposed to it before I ever knew about it! Also, the "Zuka club" is actually a nickname for Takarazuka. (I think... in the Japanese anime it's pronounced "zukabu"and the translators note said that it was a nickname for Takarazuka.)

So, That's really all I know about it, but I'm looking up more about it because I think it's interesting and they are really good actors and dancers and singers!!! Ok, example time!!! Please enjoy the videos!!!

TAKARAZUKA FOREVER 
Takarazuka: Ko Minoru/Yuri Hoshina on a Japanese Talk Show 
takarazuka - Rose of Versailles Memorandam 

Thank you very much for reading!!! And please enjoy the videos!!! I would put more, but I have to go to class so I can't... 0.o Anyways... ありがとうございます!!!さようなら!(arigatou gozaimasu! sayounara!)

No comments:

Post a Comment