Friday, November 18, 2011

New!

こんばんはみんなさん!!!(konbanwa minna-san)
げんきですか?(genki desu ka)

............................................................

I had a cold... All week.

Colds are no fun!!! Because all of a sudden you start to cough in class and you can't stop and people stare at you!!! I don't like to be stared at...

Anyways! I wanted to share some news today!!! My 兄(ani, "older brother") sent me something that I really wanted!!! He sent me the type of dictionary that my sister has!!! (If you remember, I used it when posting this.) It is The Japan Foundation's Basic Japanese-English Dictionary Second Edition. Ah! I'm so happy!!! It's new too and the pages feel soft!!! I love it very much!!!

OK! Time to open to a random page, point to a random spot, and share what I find!!!

まず第一に健康に気をつけなければなりません。(Mazu daiichi ni kenko ni ki o tsukenakereba narimasen.) "One should take care of one's health above all else."

.......................................................... Wow............................ How fitting......

OK, well I guess I should explain it a bit... The word being talked about here is 第一に(daiichi ni) which means "first, first of all". The sentence I shared is an example of how it can be used. In this situation, 第一に(daiichi ni) can also mean "above all else". I can see the connection between "first of all" and "above all else" so OK. Well then, that's that.

あの。。。(ano)

So, I have all of next week off of school because of Thanksgiving so I hope to study 日本語(nihongo) lots!!! But I also have a lot of schoolwork to do because finals are in... 0.o They're in three weeks!!! 0.o O noes!

Well, I'll post again on げつようび!(getsuyoubi) Everyone, please have a safe and fun weekend!

As always, thank you so much for reading my blog! ありがとうございます!(arigatou gozaimasu) If I have made any mistakes and you know the correction, please let me know! I would appreciate it very much!

For now, さようなら!!!(sayounara)

(Side note: To Kerryn, I meant to post a comment for you but for some reason I can't comment on things. Thank you very much for following my blog too! I hope we can both help each other learn Japanese!
Everyone! Please check out Kerryn's blog too!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I'm sorry about your cold :( I had the exact same thing and it was terrible. I'll check my settings for the problem with commenting. It would be awesome to help each other learn Japanese :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete