Friday, October 14, 2011

びくりした!!!(bikurishita)

こんばんは!みなさん!!!(konbanwa! mina-san!)

How are all of you lovely people today? Good? Good.

So! My awesome friend who's helping me out with some にほんご(nihongo) taught me a new word!!!

びくりした!(bikurishita)

It means "Oh! You surprised me!" or "You scared me!!!" or something along those lines. ^-^

さ!I'm going to give you a little example of how this word works. Since it's October, I'll do an example for Halloween. (Just so you know, I really dislike scary things. I can't handle them at all! So if you were hoping for something こわい(kowai) I'm sorry it's not gonna happen.)

Two kids are walking along the street in their costumes going from door to door "trick-or-treating".
Kid 一(ichi): "I wanna go to that house! there's a rumor that the guy there gives spare change instead of candy!!!"
Kid 二(ni): "OK! いく!(iku) Let's go!"
The two walk up to the house and knock on the door... no one answers. They exchange nervous glances and try again. Still, no one answers the door.
Kid 一: "Maybe it was just a rumor after all..."
The two turn to go and suddenly the door opens quickly and someone is laughing!
Both kids: 「あああああ!」(aaaaah!)
They turn and see one of their friends from school laughing in the doorway.
Friend: "Ahaha! That was really funny!!!"
Kid 一: "No it wasn't! びくりした!!!"
Friend: Ya! That was kinda the point!"

So, there you have it! A little example of how to use びくりした!

On a side note, I went trick-or-treating with two of my friends in my sophomore year of high school and one of my friends actually knew of a guy who gave spare change instead of candy! He kept his porch light off so you could only go if you knew about him! XD Ah, good times, good times... ^-^

Well, thanks for reading! I hope it wasn't to random and stuff! Have a good weekend! ありがとうございます!さようなら!!!(arigatou gozaimasu! sayounara!)


2 comments: