Monday, January 23, 2012

Haha!

I found some of my earliest notes for 日本語!(nihongo)
I wanted to share them, so I'll type them up for you. Just a warning, they're pretty random. And yes, I originally started learning words and then switched to hiragana and katakana.
I can't guarantee that all of these are right also, mainly because I don't feel like looking them up right now, but I think they came from an old Japanese-English dictionary I have somewhere...
 ^-^;

lovable or cute ->kawaii, kawairashii
dark(color) -> kurai
sweet -> amai
Christmas -> kurisumasu
cherry(tree) -> sakura
cherry(fruit) -> sakurambo
chocolate -> chokoreto
chocolate bar -> ita-choko
chocolate milk -> choko-miruku
chocolate shake -> choko-seki
choir -> korasu
candy -> (o-)kashi, kyande
cafe (coffee shop) -> kohii-ten, kissa-ten
cake -> keki
random -> yatara (na)
randomly -> yatara ni
music -> ongaku
My my! My goodness! -> sore wa sore wa
like (is fond of) -> ... ga suki desu
favorite -> dai-suki (na)
-----
kigae -> a change of clothing
kiki -> crisis, critical moment, emergency
kiku -> chrysanthemum
kimi -> you (familiar)
kino no ban -> last night
---next page---
kuroi-black
kasshoku-brown
akai-red
enshoku-orange
kiiro-yellow
midori-green
aoi-blue
murasaki-purple
haiiro-grey
shiroi-white
momoiro-pink
makka-deep red

You can really tell what my priorities were when I was younger... ^-^;

Anyways, before you even think of using these, check them for yourself. Like I said, I'm not sure if all of them are correct. I guess the reason I'm posting all of these is to show you, my readers, where I started learning from. (Which was copying down words I found interesting and/or cool.) If I can help someone who wants to learn Japanese but is unsure how to start figure out how to start, that will make me very happy! I don't think you have to know where to start, you just have to jump in somewhere and run with it!

... I'm also posting these as a motivation to myself. When I copied these words down a few years ago, I didn't know hiragana or katakana or any kanji at all! I could only introduce myself very poorly in Japanese. Lately (as in the past week or so) I have become discouraged in my learning... I look at kanji and my eyes seem to glaze over and I would rather look at English, something I understand; something within my comfort zone. But I will never learn Japanese if I never step outside that protective bubble around me. Finding these words has given me motivation to study seriously again! And I promise to try my best even when I don't feel like it or want to!

Also, I'm sorry for not posting regularly these past few weeks. With my school starting again and an influx of projects outside of school, I have been slightly overwhelmed and very sleep deprived. I hope to post regularly again soon and I will try my best!

Thank you for reading! ありがとうございます!(arigatou gozaimasu)
I'll see you again soon I hope! バイバイ!(bye bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment