Friday, September 16, 2011

Yay post!

こんにちは!!!(konnichiwa)

So, today I'll e talking about two things!

First! I was just practicing にほんご(nihongo) in the library the other day and I wanted to share what I wrote because I thought it was funny! I will not put the romanji in until the end because I actually wrote in parenthesise for part of it and I don't want it to be confusing... not that that sentence wasn't confusing, but... ^-^

Second! I finished another of the books I told you about in my post called ほんです(hon desu) and I want to share some of the parts that I thought were funny from that book!

Here we go!!!

....................................................................................................................................................

おはようございます!げんきですか?

げんきです!<3

あの。。。

きょうはもくようびです。あの。。。あたし。。。あああ。。。0.o

I don't have my dictionary with me and I haven't practiced my にほんご in a while, so sense I have the time and I finished reading for history and my math homework... ah, run on sentence that I can't tie together anymore... あ。

さ!。。。ココロ?kokoro? =0

くがつです!(It's September!)

Hm... maybe I should work on memorizing the months next... 0.o

あおいがすきです! <3

a ア i イ u ウ e エ o オ
my first katakana! >-<

・「おい。。。あなたはともだちですか?」
・「はい!ともだちです!<3」
・「やった!」

Don't know where that came from... 0.o

^-^ iku-suru-kuru! (go-do-come!)

...Don't know where that came from either... 0.o

....................................................................................................................................................

So! the romanazation of all the hiragana will be here in order of appearance in the actual... whatever it is, let's call it a note! ^-^

Ohayou gozaimasu! Genki desu ka? (good morning! how are you?)
Genki desu! (Fine, thanks!)
Ano... (um)
Kyou wa mokuyoubi desu. ano... atashi... aaa... (today is Thursday. um... I... aaa...)

sa! kokoro? (so! ( I was experimenting with how to write kokoro so the meaning is not relevant in this case. It has no meaning right now, but kokoro is one of my fav. words!))
kugatsu desu! (It's September!)

Aoi ga suki desu! (I like Blue!)

"oi... anata wa tomodachi desu ka?" (hey, you're my friend, right?)
"hai! tomodachi desu!"(yes, I'm you're friend!)
"yatta!"(yay!)

.........................

OK! So, in the post mentioned above, I talked about a book called Making Sense of Japanese, What The Textbooks Don't Tell You by Jay Rubin. Well, I finished it and I want to share some quotes from it! ^-^ enjoy!

- Ame ni furarete komatta / "Being fallen on by rain, I was distressed" / "Damn, I got rained on."

- "Pardon me, officer, but I've just been rareru'ed," you say to the policeman.
"Oh, sorry to hear that, sir, but what were you rareru'ed?"
"I was rareru'ed someody's having stolen my suitcase."
"How's that again?"
"I was stolen my suitcase!"
"What an odd way to put it!"
"Of course it's odd. I'm Japanese, and that's how we phrase these things when our English is a little shaky!"

-Well, where's the steak? It had vanished. Or rather, it never existed. I denied myself the steak, told myself that I was being good and doing the right thing by saving my money instead. I mentally enjoyed the imaginary steak to compensate for the unexciting act of handing my money over to the teller. Sigh.

- Amerika no kata desu ka / "Are you an American?"
Amerika-jin no tsumori desu kedo... / "Well, I was last time I looked..."

- ...Itadakimasu, meaning more or less literally, "I humbly receive." (Literally, it means to place something above your head or hold something over your head, a gesture intended as a humble expression of awestruck gratitude, but don't do this with your food.)

That's all! All of these are form the second half of the book because I didn't think to share them until I was past the half-way point. ^-^ I hope you liked them! If you are learning Japanese and you are pretty far along then I suggest this book. As I said in my post that I have linked to, this book is a bit ahead of me. It was very fun and educational despite my insufficient skill right now! So! Um... Ya, this is all for now! I hope you liked my post for today! ありがとうございます!!!さようなら!(arigatou gozaimasu! sayounara!)

No comments:

Post a Comment