Monday, August 1, 2011

Watermelon! and... squid???

YAY! Watermelon はくらものです!!!!!(wa kuramono desu) くらもの!くらもの!くらもの!

I LOVE watermelon! Summer is the season for watermelon! Unfortunately, I ate too much watermelon tonight and now I feel like I never want to eat again... so now is a good time to talk about food and stuff. Because I'm not gonna get hungry from reading this...

So, Japanese food! I really want to try more of it! I have had Japanese candy and some Japanese pastries and... I've been to a Japanese steakhouse, I got sesame chicken. OMAIGOSH, SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! (I love it!)

But my biggest problem with Japanese food is that a lot of it is seafood and... I... don't like seafood... So this complicates my trying more Japanese foods. I've never had sushi because I'm afraid of the raw fish in it, squid and octopus is just... out of the question... so I have a bit of a problem. Someday I intend to go to Japan and when I do I'm definitely going to have to try the Japanese foods that I'm afraid of... What should I do??? (you know you can comment if you want... yes, you reading this now, I mean you. ^-^)

I just want other peoples opinions on this, how to deal with having to eat foods you are unfamiliar with or that you think are insane. So I guess that's all for now... ya!

ah, I promised last time that there would be にほんご(nihongo) in this post, so I'll throw in some food related phrases from MissHanake's video which I posted in an earlier post called 0.o.

おなかがすいています(onaka ga suiteimasu)- this is a way to say "I'm hungry".
はらへったです(hara hetta desu)- this is a slightly more informal way of saying "I'm hungry".
のどがかわいています(nodo ga kawaiteimasu)- this is a way to say "I'm thirsty"

Thanks very much for reading this insane, unstructured post!!! ありがとうございます!!!(arigatou gozaimasu!!!) Until later, さようなら!(sayounara!)

...おなかがいっぱいです。(onaka ga ippai desu)- "I'm full" XD

No comments:

Post a Comment