Monday, August 8, 2011

Vocabulary

こんにちは!!!(konnichiwa)
Hello there! Yay! げつようびです!(getsuyoubi desu!) I get to post again!

...................................

So! Um, I didn't really know what to post about today even though I've been thinking about it for a while, so sense I'm working on expanding my vocabulary and I'm doing a review of 40 works this week (along with my amazing Korean learning friend :D) I thought it would be good to make sentences using the words... This will be entirely random because it is completely unplanned. Don't worry, I do this a lot... I'm a professional. (??? Don't trust that...)

I will use English for the simple fact that I am not entirely confident in my sentence making skills in にほんご(nihongo). I will list the words I used and their meanings at the end of the sentences/story so my dear readers can understand the "story" a bit better... 0.o Here goes!

There was once a おんなのこ(onna no ko) who lived an average life. She liked to eat おかし(okashi) and くらもの (kuramono) instead of やさい(yasai) and にく(niku) and さかな(sakana). Her mother told her at each しょきじ(shokiji) that she should eat properly. At あさごはん(asagohan), the mother would say 「おねがいします!(onegaishimasu) Eat your やさい(yasai)!」 Then at ひるごはん(hirugohan), the father would say 「おねがいします!(onegaishimasu) Eat your さかな(sakana)!」 And at ばんごはん(bangohan), they would ask her to eat her にく(niku). But the おんなのこ(onna no ko) would not listen. One day, she got sick. 「わたしたち(watashitachi) told you!」 her parents said. 「それらおかし(sorera okashi) made you ill!」 the little おんなのこ(onna no ko) looked at them and cried out 「どうしてえええええええええ?!」(doushite) The parent's sighed. The おんなのこ(onna no ko) felt very よわい(yowai) until one of her ともだち(tomodachi) came to visit her. 「こんにちは!」(konnichiwa) said the young おとこのこ(otoko no ko). He had brought some のみもの(nomimono) to help her get better. The おんなのこ(onna no ko) drank it and began to feel better. She asked what was in it and the おとこのこ(otoko no ko) said 「やさい。」(yasai) 「いいえ!いいえ!」(iie! iie!) she exclaimed. "But those can't taste as good as this!!!" So the おんなのこ(onna no ko) learned that eating properly isn't so bad.

おんなのこ(onna no ko) girl
おかし(okashi) sweets, snacks
くらもの (kuramono) fruit
やさい(yasai) vegetables
にく(niku) meat
さかな(sakana) fish
しょきじ(shokiji) meal
あさごはん(asagohan) breakfast
おねがいします(onegaishimasu) please
ひるごはん(hirugohan) lunch
ばんごはん(bangohan) evening meal
わたしたち(watashitachi) we
それら(sorera) those
どうしてえ(doushite) why
よわい(yowai) weak
ともだち(tomodachi) friend
こんにちは(konnichiwa) hello
おとこのこ(otoko no ko) boy
のみもの(nomimono) drinks
いいえ(iie) no

I wanted to use でわありません(dewa arimasen) in the last sentence for "isn't", but it didn't fit in with the structure of the English sentence... (sad face D:) Anyways, I didn't use all the words because I made this up on the spot and it's getting late.

ありがとうございます(arigatou gozaimasu) for reading! Thanks very much! Until next time, さようなら!(sayounara)

(Ah! side note! Maru is uber cute in this post! I didn't think to post it last Friday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment