Friday, July 29, 2011

Hallo!

こんばんは!!!(konbanwa!!!)

あの、きょう。。。(ano, kyou...) Um, well, I don't know what to write about today...

Ah! I can tell you what I learned this week! (I feel so smart! XD)

This week, I learned that to say something like "friend's name" as in "Your friend's name..." you would put a の (no) in between the words. の(no) is like... well, in the sentence ともだちのなまえはなんですか。(tomodachi no namae wa nan desu ka?), the の(no) shows that the なまえ(namae) belongs to the とまだち(tomodachi). By the way, if you didn't already know, ともだち(tomodachi) means friend. (that was one of the words I learned this week.) So, to conclude, の(no) links the object(in the example, namae) to the subject(in the example, tomodachi) or something like that.

Here's a better, simpler way to explain. This is from the site I've been using this week to help me learn:

の - Particle. acts like 's in English - whatever comes after it belongs in some way to whatever comes before it.
tomodachi no namae - friend's name
watashi no sensei - my teacher
nihongo no sensei - a teacher of Japanese

The site where that is from is Kids Web Japan! It's made for kids, but when we are learning a new language, we are all children in that language. The same goes for everything we learn or study or try. We will always start out as children.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed that! I had fun typing that to share actually! XD

ありがとうございます!(arigatou gozaimasu!) As always, thank you very much!!! I'll try to get my extra missed post in sometime soon. You never know, I might find something interesting, or maybe completely random!!! We'll see! さようなら!(sayounara!)

No comments:

Post a Comment