Monday, July 1, 2013

Word of the Day 5

I'm doing this one a bit differently than the last few ones. The word I wanted to do today is "hungry."

So, I went on Denshi Jisho like I always do to look up words I'm not familiar with (which, by the way, is where the definitions I'm using come from because it's an awesome resource) and there are a lot of words to do with hunger. So today I'm going to include some of the extra words and phrases that I think are useful to know. Here we go!

腹をすかす (はらをすかす / harawosukasu )means "to be hungry."

"To become hungry" is 腹が減る (はらがへる / haragaheru)

And finally, to say "I'm hungry" is 腹減った (はらへった / harahetta)

The kanji 腹(はら)has to do with the stomach or abdomen, that's why it's in each of these words/phrases.

Well, I hope that you thought this was as interesting as I did! Thanks for reading! じゃね!

(Last thing! たべもの (tabemono) is the word for food! ^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment