Monday, June 25, 2012

Studio Ghibli Craze

I've been on a Studio Ghibli craze lately. I really like Studio Ghibli films anyways, but lately I've been re-watching the ones I've seen and watching some of the ones I haven't seen. I'll give you a list with details.

Princess Mononoke- Watched it when I was in middle school and didn't think much of it. Re watched it a few weeks ago. Amazing story!

Laputa (Castle in the Sky)- I own this one and watch it pretty frequently. ^-^

The Cat Returns- I own this one too and it also gets watched pretty frequently.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind- I own this one as well, but it gets watched less often than the others because it's a bit longer and it's also special to me and I don't want the specialness to wear off...

Spirited Away- Watched this in middle school too and it scared me sooooo much! Don't know why, but I wanted nothing to do with it. 0.o Now I realize that what scared me the most was that she watched her parents turn into pigs right in front of her. I think I'm gonna try re-watching this one sometime soon and hopefully I will like it better.

The Secret World of Arrietty- Loved this one! You can see my post about it here!

Whisper of the Heart- Watched this one tonight because I randomly stumbled on a YouTube video that had the song she sings while he plays the violin. I was curious so I checked it out and ended up watching it. :p

Tales from Earthsea- Watched this a few weeks ago. It was good and creative and awesome, but I couldn't help but feel that the other films were better executed? I dunno. I still liked it. ^-^

My Neighbor Totoro- One of the first ones I ever saw! (Spirited Away I think was the first... bad introduction?) I loved this movie very much and got to watch part of it with a friend at her club about a year ago. Really want to watch it again.

Ponyo- Saw this shortly after it came out and was rather disappointed in it. The ending just fell apart and became a bit cheesy...

Kiki's Delivery Service- Haven't seen this one yet but planning to very soon.

Howl's Moving Castle- Love love love love LOVE this one!!! It is similar to Nausicaä tho in that I only watch it once in a while so it stays special. It means a lot to me because my sister liked it so well and I always watched it with her.

Grave of the Fireflies- One of the saddest movies I have ever watched. I cried so much during it. haven't seen it for years. I kind of want to watch it again even tho it will turn me into a crybaby... 0.o

I know there are a few more films done by Studio Ghibli, but these are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head. There was also one that I can never remember the name of and I can only recall that it was about a girl and a boy and the girl became a pilot into outer space and flew to the far reaches of the universe and pretty much stopped ageing and the guy stayed on Earth and aged as a normal person and it took years for a text message to reach him or her............ I cried in that one too...

Does anyone know what that movie is? I'm pretty sure it was also Studio Ghibli, but I could be wrong...

Well, that's my ramble for now. Thanks for reading!
I'll try to post Japanese things again soon. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment