Saturday, July 7, 2012

Building Vocabulary

Building vocabulary in 日本語(nihongo) is hard for me. It doesn't help that I've  even had trouble building vocabulary in English...

Some of the best advice I've gotten, though, is this:
When you go into a room, try to name everything around you in Japanese. If you can't, look up the words you don't know.

Another piece of advice that I've gotten is to ask someone who knows the language when you don't understand a word or phrase or when you don't know a word or phrase. During my school last semester, I would ask my すごい先生(sugoi sensei) if I had questions, and he would help me a lot! I also have one of my best friends that I can ask. ^-^

So, my suggestion to you is to try these ways if you can!

And also, especially if you are a beginner, but also if you've been studying for a while, focus on verbs! If you get the verbs then making sentences will be so much easier! I'm definately no grammar expert, I think I've mentioned such before, but it's true. This goes for any language, if you know the verbs, you can make sentences much easier. In 日本語(nihongo) it's even easier because the basic sentences are subject and verb. ^-^

I didn't learn verbs first because I was stubborn and didn't want to have to deal with grammar and now I struggle with making sentences. That may be part of why I don't make sentences on here very often...

I'm working on learning verbs too, so let's do our best!

Thank you for reading! ありがとうございました!(arigatou gozaimashita)
I'll try to write soon!
さよなら!(sayonara)

No comments:

Post a Comment