Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A List of Words Part 1

Last time I wrote, I talked about different ways to learn vocabulary.
Well, I was working on vocabulary myself the other day, and I made a huge list of words that I'm going to look up to help improve my vocab. Some of the words I already know, some I've learned before and don't know fully yet, and some I don't know at all.

Heavy, ceiling, window, music, sound, sing, dance, video, Internet, computer, type, dresser, closet, room, home, house, bookshelf, study school, desk, chair, rain, umbrella, books, read, stuffed animals, pillow, blanket, carpet, rug, paper, pencil, pen, notebook, floor, Bible, box, storage, organize, mail, letter, files, wings, lamp, ruler, measuring tape, fabric, clothes, sewing, cut, pattern, nails, nail polish, glitter, fingernails, finger, hand, front, back, palm, arm, shoulder, elbow, fore arm, chest, stomach, neck, collar bone, chin, cheeks, ears, mouth, teeth, nose, snot (eww...), eyes, eyebrows, forehead, hair, head, face, back, legs, knees, feet, toes, toenails, bottom, sit, stand, walk, jump, run, spin, fall, lay, sleep, make, cook, hold, held, hide, seek, tag, find, look, search, cry, laugh, smile, frown, happy, sad, excited, upset, folder, plastic, truth, lie, socks, tights, skirt, pants, jeans, underwear, shirt, blouse, dress, jacket, cardigan, coat, necklace, bracelet, earrings, stickers, makeup, eat, drink, liquid, solid, gas, air, sky, clouds, weather, leaves, trees, bushes, grass, branches, ground, building, road, grow, mailbox, fence, discover, river, creek, lake, stream, ocean, boat, swim, rope, float, swimming suit, novel, soak, salt, pepper, fruit, vegetables, meat, kids, boy, girl, play, toys, nursery, snack, lesson, color, coloring page, crayon, colored pencil, marker, art, draw, create, absorb, sponge, clean, tidy, kitchen, shelf, stove, microwave, oven, refrigerator, dust, dirty, stuff, storage, table, messy, covered, uncovered, over, under, spoon, fork, knife, plate, bowl, cup, thirsty, hungry, tired, exhausted, pigtails, ponytail, hair (a repeat), braid, cute, cool, accessory, language, speak, learn, new, old, many, few, clip, zip, zipper, close, open, elastic, ruffle, shorts, skort (mix of skirt and shorts. doubt there's a Japanese word for it...), drive, go, explore, leave, come, contain, pin, scissors, snip, write

Told you it was a huge list. Anyways, over the next few posts, I'm going to put the Japanese versions of these words. Maybe it will help some people! I really don't know, but if I can help others, that would be great!

Bye for now!

Just a note, I think it's funny to trace my train of thought with the list. It reminds me of my Psychology class that I took in the first semester of college. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment