Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Failed Ambitions? Or a lesson learned.

One of my goals last year was to study Japanese as much as I could and become as fluent in the language as I could become in a year.

Unfortunately, I must admit that I did not study Japanese much at all last year. And I must admit that I feel like I'm still where I started at the beginning of last year.

Instead of deciding that I should rush in and study until my mind is numb, why is it that I do not simply enjoy the process of learning and discovery and take slower steps on my path to fluency. I think that the better goal in language learning is to go at the pace you are comfortable with and enjoy the journey as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be discouraged! You're very right, go at your own pace. Set reasonable goals. And most importantly, ENJOY the experience! It's supposed to be fun, not a project.

    ReplyDelete